Shout Out

Shout out to Landon Donovan and Team USA!! For winning your Group and making us so proud. You guys have all of my support for the remainder of the World Cup, now beat Ghana!! USA! USA !USA!



Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Tiger Woods and the U.S.O.P.C.


I haven't really given my opinion on the Tiger Woods fiasco of 2009-2010. So here it goes: I don't care. Period. The man is human. With a billion dollars in the bank and temptation that the average man can only dream about, I am not surprised it happened. Not even a little. I am in no way condoning what Eldrick did. All I'm saying is, he made some bad choices, and he and the wife are trying to work things out. The End. But, its not going to be that way, nor can it be.

See, Tiger lives in the times of the 24 hour news cycle, the Internet, and camera phones. Every one now has the chance to be a celeb for a second or 15 and they are shooting for it. Tiger and all of his trysts, are now of permanent record in U.S.O.P.C. (United States of Pop Culture) He cannot change that, but I commend him ahead of time, for he is about to face scrutiny no other athlete EVER has.

But those are the times we live in. I would have never thought I'd live in a world where the amount of money you make, gives some, the feeling to believe your entire personal life is free game and open for discussion. Especially when those same decision makers wouldn't wish that same level of bashing, invasion, and various radical opinions, on themselves.

I know I'm right about this, but as long as money continues to run all things, we will be continuously subjected to an endless cycle of other adults problems, that we don't have the right to listen too.

Dwayne L. Shephard

No comments:

Pages

Search This Blog