Shout Out

Shout out to Landon Donovan and Team USA!! For winning your Group and making us so proud. You guys have all of my support for the remainder of the World Cup, now beat Ghana!! USA! USA !USA!



Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

R.I.P Clearance Flint--March 10th 1954-March 9th 2010

Dear Uncle Clearance:

What's up my man...I'm pissed that I'm not going to see you anymore, but its just your time. I know in instances like this we tend to question why, but no, I'm going to think of the great thoughts and rejoice in the times we shared. You were not a man of many words and some would look at you as "different" but you were a brother to some, an uncle to many, and a man of God and that's all that counts. There were times I'd wonder "What would have Unc's life been like if he's had the chance too..." I never seemed to find whatever image, sentence, or movie as an answer, and I'm sure those thoughts will become even more active after your passing.

But know this: you had a heart, a life, and a family who will always love and think of you. I know in the today's views your life may not have left the biggest mark, but to me, you lived as you were designed, and you always, always had a smile. I told you to take care of yourself and that I loved you the last time I saw you and you shook my hand and said the same. Remember how I used to always come into town and as soon as I saw you, you'd offer that right hand and say "Hey there Dwayne" and I'd always respond "dude, I don't take your handshakes, you better give me a hug"? I'd settle for that handshake right now.

I love you Uncle Clearance.


Dwayne L. Shephard

No comments:

Pages

Search This Blog