Shout Out

Shout out to Landon Donovan and Team USA!! For winning your Group and making us so proud. You guys have all of my support for the remainder of the World Cup, now beat Ghana!! USA! USA !USA!



Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 12, 2010

Poem: Sunshine, Rain, Storms, and Hurricanes


Sunshine, Rain, Snow Storms, and Hurricanes


pretty much covers all of my emotions, yet some seem to outweigh others...


If you closed your eyes in a darkly lit room, you can visualize all of the aforementioned


but what if your existence was a collage of them all? From conception to actuality, could it describe your life's intentions?


What if I said Sunshine was my daughter, Rain was my decision-making, Snow Storms were my friends, and Hurricanes were my family...would that be great?


What if I said Sunshine was my God, Rain was my Devil, Snow Storms were my hopes, and Hurricanes were my aspirations...could you relate?


Ok, Ok, what if I said Sunshine were my Smiles, Rain were my tears, Snow Storms were my Trials, and the Hurricanes were my fears....how is that for my fate?


Truthfully, we've all had moments where all four played in a part in any single situation


when your heart, mind, spirit, and mouth were all standing at the same train station


waiting for the ride to take you to that great unknown...its only speculation once you step aboard, and your destiny is truly known.


have you ever planned out any certain instance to the letter, only to have it fail as if you should have planned a little better?


That's how I feel about Sunshine, Rain, Snow Storms, and Hurricanes


you see, to some, Sunshine is the greatest of the four mentioned, but many prefer others.


Me, I relax on Sunny Days, Write & listen to Smooth Jazz on the Rainy days, Want to be outside during Snow Storms, and are completely mystified by the beauty of Hurricanes...


Does that make me weird? to some sure, but not to all....and that's what life is all about.


You have no idea whats going to happen tomorrow, nor to you know when your last breathe will take place....so as I look in the mirror at this face that I recognize sometimes, I say this:


Enjoy the Sunshine, Rain, Snow Storms, and Hurricanes, because they all have a meaning, a definition, and a place...but don't get over consumed by any one more than the others, because your asking for a one sided experience in this thing called life.

No comments:

Pages

Search This Blog