Shout Out

Shout out to Landon Donovan and Team USA!! For winning your Group and making us so proud. You guys have all of my support for the remainder of the World Cup, now beat Ghana!! USA! USA !USA!



Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Kariah S. Shephard

My Daughter. My queen. My love.....my life-blood. How do you put into words how you feel about someone who means the world to you? I can't. I have thanked my ex-wife so many times for giving me such a beautiful, delightful, and intelligent child.  We are so blessed! As you can see from the pic...this is the beginning of the end for me. See, as a father, your daughter will always be your Little girl.  That's so uncool because I will always see her as that Little baby/girl and I will always be her daddy, the protector of all, and her number one favorite. Alright, I know that isn't a reality and I am so scared. Am I raising her right? Am I doing my part to ensure she is ready for the world?

Will I be affable enough when she has questions about "boys" and why they are so stupid? I am not sure, but I have to prepare for it. I have had a life as tough as anyone, but I REALLY believe that the only blessing I have ever received is her. I am trying to be the man and father God intended me to be....and I must admit at times it is HARD. But, look at her......I can't quit......I have to continue to evolve.

Kariah, I love you more than I can attempt to express and I am so thankful for you. I know I have told you a many of times how much Daddy loves you, but I don't think there is anything more worthy than being the father you expect me to be. I am so sorry for the mistakes I have made, but I promise I will explain them to you personally when you are old enough to understand. Thanks for being the best child a father could ever want. I love and will always love you more than life itself. For everyone/anyone reading this....thank you for reading along....but as you can tell from the pic above, can you understand why I cried for 40 straight minutes during her Kindergarder graduation.....she is beautiful....and she is my daughter.....my baby girl.....my queen!

Dwayne L.

No comments:

Pages

Search This Blog