Shout Out

Shout out to Landon Donovan and Team USA!! For winning your Group and making us so proud. You guys have all of my support for the remainder of the World Cup, now beat Ghana!! USA! USA !USA!



Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Poem: Dreams

When I close my eyes, magic appears
That of my hopes, and also my fears
Some are like cheerleaders, minus the cheers.
Some, a quick synopsis of my darkest, most painful years

Dreams show me signs, some of a vivid imagination
where I can navigate a path, realitiy or some wild creation
I want understanding, yet I feel time is wasting
wasting on time, not on fascination

I see glimpses of who I used to be
that of a family man, walking toward a destiny
but now, they are random, not a true extension I see
yet, I can't seem to understand what these dreams are saying of me

Highs, lows, peaks, and valleys, but I wonder what my subconscience means
am I compassionate, free, and understanding...or a shell of a man, contempt to be
I don't know, answers seem to escape me, but dreams of happiness never flee
Reflective pool, are these dreams, that I know for a fact, as I smile with glee

But what about the scares, that wake me out of mydreams
are they still scares, without the company of screams
or...what if its a sequence out of a movie scene
that I happened to witness before I did, the pillow, lean

Who knows, but my dreams are mine alone, to understand
the definition of miscommunication, played by my own sandman
Maybe this is a prelude to my talent and unwritten plans
Or maybe, I'm a lone player, in search of a number one fan

Dwayne L.

No comments:

Pages

Search This Blog