Shout Out

Shout out to Landon Donovan and Team USA!! For winning your Group and making us so proud. You guys have all of my support for the remainder of the World Cup, now beat Ghana!! USA! USA !USA!



Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Just....

Sometimes, I need to write to let it all out.  At this particular moment, I'm not sure what I want to get out, but this forum always helps.  This past weekend I spent time between fighting old feelings, watching basketball (LOVES THE NBA PLAYOFFS!), and spending time with my daughter.  I had a conversation on Friday and the entire topic was based off of the saying "Hindsight is 20/20", and its so true.  If you had the chance to go back in time and change all of the mistakes you've made, would you?  Personally, I wouldn't change ALL of the mistakes, but the major few that i've made I would.  Why, because of my daughter.  There is nothing better than being a parent, especially one whom lives in the same residence as their child. 

That mistake (I'll let you read between the lines) is the one mulligan I would correct.  I am a dedicated, loving, and attentive father, and I love this role.  But, if I could be all of the aforementioned, but at home with her daily, I'd give anything to not have made the decision to divorce my ex-wife.  I have a nice amount of regret that will forever follow me in that regard, forever, but I welcome it.  Why, you ask?  Because, that terrible decision shaped me forever in the right way.  It made me appreciate true love, and companionship--and I miss that daily.  I know that whenever I meet my future lover, I will be all that I am supposed to be and more, and I am happy about that.  There is nothing better than growing from a situation that can be life-altering, and that one was.

On to other topics;  I think I have FINALLY, after several years of searching, found my calling--well, partially.  There is another goal I want to take on, and it won't hamper me from achieving the former, but I am excited as hell.  I've been talking about these new found "discoveries" ad nauseum with whomever is within earshot.  And the feedback has been completely positive.  Finding a passion--or in my case two-- is so awesome.  Its liberating, exciting, and terrifying all at the same time, yet, I finally feel free.  Free to go and obtain all that I long for and paving a path that will define my life and legacy forever.  That makes me feel great.  I know I tend to be vague when it comes to describing anything, but hey, It's in my DNA.

Anyway, thanks for reading/listening, and in the words of the legendary group U2 "I still haven't found what I'm looking for"  but at least I know where to start looking now.

Dwayne L.

No comments:

Pages

Search This Blog